4th of July Pet Safety Tips from a Dog Mom and California Mortgage Loan Officer

 

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

I know, I know — you're probably expecting me to talk about mortgages. And I will, I promise. But today I want to talk about something a little closer to my heart. Our fur babies.

I'm Maria Miyake, a Mortgage Loan Officer at Home Loans USA in Los Angeles, California. But today I'm just a dog mom who wants to make sure your pets get through the holiday safely.

Here's the thing about our house. Our senior chihuahua Bean has never been bothered by fireworks. Lucky us! But my daughters' fur babies Biscotti and Macaroon are a whole different story. Every year without fail, the fireworks send them into full anxiety mode. So if your pup is anything like Biscotti and Macaroon, here are a few things that really help:

1. Create a safe cozy space indoors
Set up a quiet room with their favorite blanket, toys, and bed. Somewhere they can retreat to when the noise gets overwhelming.

2. Play calming music or turn on the TV
Background noise helps muffle the sound of fireworks. There are even playlists specifically made for anxious dogs on Spotify!

3. Keep them inside
Even if your dog is usually fine outdoors, fireworks can cause them to bolt. More pets go missing on the 4th of July than any other day of the year.

4. Try a ThunderShirt
A ThunderShirt applies gentle pressure to your dog's body, kind of like swaddling a baby. A lot of pet owners swear by them for fireworks and thunderstorms. Check them out at thundershirt.com.

Not sponsored, just sharing something I genuinely think is helpful! 🐾

5. Make sure their ID tags are up to date
Just in case. Better safe than sorry.

From my family to yours, enjoy the holiday, stay safe, and give your fur babies some extra love this weekend! πŸΆπŸŽ†


Meet Bean, our senior chihuahua...

Biscotti... 

and Macaroon. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should You Wait for Interest Rates to Come Down?